Monday, April 20, 2009

Listen Up! Youth Media Network Link

Okay.... I tried this site a few times and I cannot get the videos to load for the life of me. But, I read pretty much every piece of text that I could find on the site as well as viewed a few classmates blogs. I might not have been able to get the "real deal" of viewing the site, but I did find some information and was able to see what it is all about.

I found the site to be useful, helpful, and informational. The videos that are posted (but I couldn't see) were ways that teenagers were able to express themselves and speak out. As I read some of the video titles, I thought that they were creative, expressive and unique.

From reading blogs, I was able to read that some of the videos were related to the class readings. This is great and I could see how they could be related simply through the titles. Furthermore, I believe that the site itself relates to the class and themes. It is a site about teenagers, being themselves, representing something they want and believe in, and taking part in the media. I feel as though teenagers should be able to represent themselves in this way. I think that it is good for the mind, body, and other teens to view. Everyone can see different outlooks on various topics (chosen by teens). Although I think that this is good, there might be others (adults) that do not like this or see it as being anything that is "good". These teenagers are brave for wanting to stand out in the way that they do, creating media and having it posted on the computer for others to view.

I hope that we can watch a few of the videos in class so that I can see what it is truly about. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment