Tuesday, January 20, 2009

T H I R T E E N

When I was 13... I was in eighth grade. During my last year of middle school I remember friends, friends, friends. I was always with my friends and loved being with them. We did everything together (shopping, sleepovers, homework, babysitting, going to the movies, talking on the phone...). This was the age that I can remember wanting to always be with my friends rather than my family. I had a two year old sister at this time and even though she was cute as a button she was also a pain. On the other hand, there were times when I needed to come home. Coming home meant that I had enough of my friends and needed a break from the girls because being together too long just causes girl fights. This is when we don't talk for like 1-3 days and then everything is normal again; weird, but true. :-)

Another memory that stands out like a sore thumb in my memory was back to school shopping. It was around August and I can remember fighting with my parents because I wanted to go shopping on my own, or better yet with Dad because he always lets me get the "cool" stuff. After arguing and getting mad at my parents I got my way. Some cash was handed my way and Dad took me with him. I did some shopping on my own and some with my friends. When I was at the store I can remember thinking that I needed to pick out the coolest clothes because I was going to HIGH SCHOOL and that was a big deal.

On that note... now I just wear what I like and what I think looks good and is "cool" to me.

I'm sure much more happened in the long year that I was thirteen, but I can't remember everything. And if I don't remember it then the time was probably not that important because I can usually remember lots and lots of things.

1 comment:

  1. Ah the memories... isn't it funny the things that stay with you?

    ReplyDelete